Last updated: June 8th, 2020
1. When & how we collect personal data
We request some personal information about you so we can identify you when you sign-up to our platform. We may also receive some of your personal data from the event/conference which you are registered for and which decided to rent our services (Platform) for it’s attendees. We may use this information to a) send you an invitation link b) to validate your registration on our platform and or to a specific event and c) to pre-fill your profile using the data you may have provided to the conference/event organizer upon registration.
We may also collect some additional personal data about you and store them for the future use when you interact with our platform by filling in additional information about you (such as your occupation, interests, LinkedIn profile, website, photo etc.).
We are only responsible for our use of your personal data, not any other use by the event/conference organizer. The event organizer remains solely responsible for their respect of their own legal obligations with regard to their processing of your personal data, which they carry out themselves, with their own means and for their own requirements.
2. Entities collecting and processing your personal data
ImpromptMe s.r.o.. is both Data Processor and Data Controller when it comes to handling your personal data.
ImpromptMe s.r.o. as a Data Controller:
- When you Register for the first time to our platform (when creating your “Master account” you are registering directly with us. All the data you upload to this account are carefully handled by our team and by our team only. You may decide at any point to increase/decrease the amount of data held at this account in order to simplify the process of creating profiles for your events at your convenience. You may as well decide to
ImpromptMe Ltd as a Data Processor:
- Event/conference organizer sends us some (or all) of the following data he has collected from event/conference attendees upon ticket purchase WITH attendees consent to further process their personal data. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Job details
- Social media links
- Purpose of attending
- Preferences in meeting specific kind of people
- Ticket details (standard, VIP, speaker, etc…)
3. Collecting and processing personal data
We respect your privacy and your ownership of your personal data. At the same time we strive to deliver the maximum value to you and to other attendees of specific conferences/events, which is why we process some of your personal data. See below how we DO and DO NOT use the data we collect about you.
What we DO:
- We use your email address or other identificator (such as phone number) received directly from conference/event organizer to enable access to the online event environment (hence to list and profiles of other attendees) to REGISTERED ATTENDEES ONLY
- We use your email address or other identificator to recover your account when you are accessing from a new device/forgot a password
- We may use your profile info combined with activity created at specific events (meeting created, invitations received/sent/accepted/declined/ignored) for inside analytical processes in order to learn and improve our services for the future use.
- We may share anonymous usage data statistics with conference/event organizer, our partners and investors.
- Our team may use your email address or other identifier (user ID, telephone number) in order to investigate some potential customer support enquiry
- To send you tailored invitations to upcoming conferences/events to your mailbox or to your phone via text message. You will only receive these if you gave us a permission to contact you with marketing messages during your sign-up
- We will use your email address/phone number to send you updates about upcoming meetings, meeting invitations and other essential info about upcoming conference/event if
- You’ve setted up your preferences in this way in your Master Account on our Platform
- If we have a reasonable reason to believe you are not receiving push-notifications and you are about to miss a scheduled meeting
- We use anonymous usage data of our Web Platform in order to analyse our services & improve them for the future use
- Show your in-app profile to another registered attendees of the same conference/event, unless you’ve changed the visibility settings within the app (on your profile)
What we DO NOT:
- Sell your personal data to 3rd parties
- Mistreat your data and your trust in us in any way
- Give an access to your data to any unauthorised person or company
- Collect more data than what we need in order to offer you the best services possible
- Keep your data even after you’ve deleted your account or explicitly requested to have your historical data deleted from our servers
4. Recipients of the collected and processed data
Your personal data are kept safe at every point. Only authorised members of our team have an access to it. Other entities who may be granted an access to your personal data if necessary include any authorities in charge of audits and legal entities.
Our clients, conference/event organizers may also be granted access to some of your personal data, such as your profile info, contact details and in-app activity as stated earlier in this document. Such a conference/event organizer remains solely responsible for his respect of his own legal and declarative obligations with regard to their processing of your personal data, which he carries out. We are only responsible for our use of your personal data, this excluding any other use by the event organizer.
5. Assignment of personal data
Your personal data will not be assigned to, rented to or exchanged with any third party, with the exception of the organizers of events for which you are registered and to whom we provide data concerning you, in relation with their events.
We may generate, and share with organizers of events for which you are registered, usage statistics collected by individuals during an event, in order to calculate the rate of use of our services and have a clear understanding of interactions within their community. This data includes both anonymous generic usage data (e.g. number of users, average number of user contacts, percentage of user additions, number of active users) and personal data related to events organized by the organizer and for which you are registered.
6. Safety of your data
We take all necessary precautions and appropriate organisational and technical measures to maintain the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal data, and especially to prevent it from being altered or damaged and to prevent any third party from accessing it.
Your data is stored on the servers of Albronix s.r.o., located in Prague, Czech Republic, within the European Union.
The following 3rd parties processors also have an access to some of your data at our terms, which are necessary for our services.
- Twilio Inc.: A service we use to send you text messages & service we use to host private video chat rooms between our users
- Elastic Email Inc.: A service we use to send our users emails
Your data will not be transferred outside the European Union as part of our conditions of use of the services we offer.
Cookies are text files that are often encrypted and that your web browser stores. They are created when a user’s browser loads any given website: the site sends information to the browser, which then creates a text file. Each time the user comes back to the same site, the browser retrieves the file and sends it to the website server.
We are using following cookies on our website:
- Technical cookies. These are stored in your browser for a period of thirteen (12) months. These are used primarily to improve your browsing experience by remembering the actions you§ve taken a few steps back, e.g.: filling-in certain fields or setting up your filters. …..
We do not use advertising cookies. We do not consider them necessary in order to run our business and provide with the best services possible.
We use Google Analytics, a statistical audience analysis tool that generates cookies to measure the number of visits to the Platform, the number of page views and visitors’ activity on the Platform, the order of pages visited and actions taken. Your IP address is also collected to determine the city you are connecting from. Your User ID is also collected if you give us the permission to do so. We kindly ask you for this promising as the user analytics are vital for us in order to keep improving our services. Nobody else but our team has the knowledge of who these user ID’s belong to, not even Google Inc.
We would like to remind you that you may refuse technical cookies and cookies generated by Google Analytics by configuring your browser to this end. However, such a refusal may prevent the Platform from functioning correctly or from functioning at all.
8. Accessing & changing your personal data
You may, at any point, change the data we have about directly through our iOS, Android or Web app. If you want to update some core data which can not be updated from any of these platforms (such as your phone number, email address or similar vital details), you may request to change these details by contacting our support team at email@example.com.
Upon request, ImpromptMe will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you are a registered user of our Service, you can review, request deletion, and change your Personal Information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. For example:
- Users of our Platform may update or correct their Personal Information, other profile settings and user preferences.
- Users who have opted to join an event attendee list (visible to other users for that event) may have the option to later hide themselves from the list if desired.
- You may also send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. In your request, please make it clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We reserve the right to amend this Charter at any moment, at our sole discretion, either in its entirety or in part. Such amendments shall come into effect once the new Charter is published. Your use of the Platform following the entry into effect of these amendments, shall constitute acknowledgement and acceptance of the new Charter. Failing that, and if you are not in agreement with the new Charter, you should refrain from accessing the Platform.